The Work Programme: discussion forum - comment online
We have sought views from customer representative organisations to help us develop the new Work Programme.
The Work Programme is part of the radical reforms the Government has announced for the welfare to work system. It will be an integrated package of support providing personalised help for a wide range of customers – from Jobseeker’s Allowance recipients who have been out of work for some time, to customers who may previously have been receiving incapacity benefits for many years.
The online comment facility began on 16 September 2010 and closed on 20 October 2010. You can read the comments on the following pages:
- Giving providers freedom to personalise support
- Paying providers by outcomes
- Paying more for people who need more support
- Moving customers onto the Work Programme
- Conditionality for Employment and Support Allowance customers
- Other thoughts
Summary of comments and response
- Work Programme Prospectus (107KB) includes at Annex A a brief summary of the feedback received online, and that received at a number of face to face stakeholder events, and the Government's response.