We welcome lively discussion on this site, but ask you to please bear in mind our guidelines when submitting comments.
This is not about censoring views. The aim is to ensure the discussion is fair, inclusive, relevant and constructive. Moderation will not be used to suppress legitimate, reasoned discussion about the issues presented here.
Comments on this site are community moderated. This means that comments will appear immediately when submitted but can be reported by other visitors if they consider them to be in breach of these guidelines.
Moderators will be monitoring reports of abusive comments between 9am and 5pm, Monday to Friday, and aim to process any reports as quickly as possible.
Comments will be allowed to stand as long as they:
- respect other people. Comments should not be malicious or offensive in nature, and should not constitute a personal attack on a person’s character
- don’t incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic
- don’t include swearing, hate-speech or obscenity
- don’t reveal personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
- don’t break the law – this includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and breaking copyright
- are reasonably concise, and don’t constitute spamming of the site
- don’t advertise commercial products and services – you can mention relevant products and services as long as they support your comment
- don’t impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation
- are in English – unfortunately, we do not currently have the resource to moderate comments in other languages
- are on-topic. Please don’t post messages that are unrelated to this channel
- are not party political in nature. This site is about gathering feedback on policies, not party political point-scoring. This is a Government website and comments used for party political purposes cannot be published for propriety reasons.
If you are aged 16 or under, you may want to talk to your parent/guardian about the ideas on this website and the opinions that you want to express. Please don’t leave any personal details that might identify you (apart from in the email address box, which won’t be published anyway), and you may want to use your first or last name only, rather than your full name.