This snapshot, taken on
, shows web content acquired for preservation by The National Archives. External links, forms and search may not work in archived websites and contact details are likely to be out of date.
The UK Government Web Archive does not use cookies but some may be left in your browser from archived websites.

Website of the UK government

Please note that this website has a UK government accesskeys system.

Public services all in one place

Main menu

Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Basic employment rights guidance in foreign languages

Help on employment rights and how to deal with problems at work if you do not speak English as a first language. Help and advice in Arabic, Chinese, Gujarati, Punjabi, Russian, Somali and Urdu.

Help with PDF files

If you have any problems with the PDF files, try reading the 'Help with PDF files' article.

Where to get help

You can contact the Pay and Work Rights Helpline for advice about:

  • the National Minimum Wage
  • agricultural work
  • employment agencies
  • working time
  • gangmasters

You can either call the Pay and Work Rights Helpline on 0800 917 2368 or fill out their online enquiry or complaint form.

For all other employment questions ring the Acas Helpline on 08457 474 747.

Both helplines can answer calls in over 100 languages.

Access keys