This snapshot, taken on
, shows web content acquired for preservation by The National Archives. External links, forms and search may not work in archived websites and contact details are likely to be out of date.
The UK Government Web Archive does not use cookies but some may be left in your browser from archived websites.

Website of the UK government

Please note that this website has a UK government accesskeys system.

Public services all in one place

Main menu

Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Retirement contacts

Useful government bodies and support organisations

Age UK

Contact details for Age UK, a national charity which promotes the interests of all people over 50.

Age Concern Cymru

Contact details for Age Concern in Wales, which supports people over 50, provides day care, information, age discrimination and pensions.

Age Concern Scotland

Contact details for Age Concern Scotland, which supports people over 50, provides day care, information, age discrimination and pensions.

Department for Work and Pensions (DWP)

Contact details for the Department for Work and Pensions, responsible for the government's welfare reform agenda, delivering support and advice to people of working age, employers, disabled people, pensioners, families and children.

Financial Assistance Scheme (FAS)

Contact details for the Financial Assistance Scheme, which offers help to some people who have lost out on a company pension.

Future Pension Centre

Contact details for the Future Pension Centre.

HM Revenue & Customs

HM Revenue & Customs is the new department responsible for the business of the former Inland Revenue and HM Customs and Excise.

Mentoring + Befriending Foundation

Contact details for the Mentoring + Befriending Foundation, which offers support to practitioners and organisations about mentoring and befriending.

National Pension Centre

Contact details for the National Pension Centre (NPC).

Pension Protection Fund

Contact details for The Pension Protection Fund - pays out compensation for certain company pension funds where an employer became insolvent on or after 6 April 2005.

The Pension Service

Contact details for The Pension Service, providing information for individuals about pensions and other pensioner benefits in the UK.

Pension Service E-services helpdesk

Contact details for the Pension Service E-services helpdesk.

Pension Tracing Service

Contact information for the Pension Tracing Service, which provides help with tracing an old pension.

The Pensions Advisory Service (TPAS)

Contact details for The Pensions Advisory Service, an organisation that helps the public with pensions problems. Provides information and guidance on State Pension; company, personal, stakeholder and occupational pensions.

Senior Railcard

Contact details for the Senior Railcard, information on how to save 1/3 on most rail fares throughout Britain if you're over 60.

Veterans Agency

Contact details for the Veterans Agency, which administers War Pension Scheme and provides welfare services to former servicepeople.

Winter Fuel Payments helpline

Contact details for the Winter Fuel Payments helpline.

Access keys