This series provides statistics on UK and world shipping fleets.
Statistics are produced annually, based mainly on DfT analysis of world fleet data provided commercially by IHS Global. Since they are derived from a commercial source, the statistics are not considered to be National Statistics, but they are considered to be of good quality.
Data for 31 December 2010 were released on 5 July 2012, following a database re-design. It is intended to release data up to 31 December 2011 alongside the release of the Port Freight Statistics final figures for 2011 in September 2012.
Browse statistical releases within this series
Browse individual statistical tables within this series
These official statistics are not National Statistics.
- Shipping fleet statistics technical note (PDF – 49 KB)
- Maritime statistics factsheet (PDF – 55 KB)
- Sea passengers statistics
- Roll-on Roll-off international freight statistics
- Seafarer statistics
- Domestic waterborne freight statistics
- Phone: 020 7944 4119