The Aviation statistics series provides information on the following topics:
- Activity at UK airports, including number of flights, passengers and volume of freight handled; punctuality at and mode of travel to selected airports are also given.
- Activity by UK airlines, including distance flown, passengers uplifted, seat occupancy, fleet size and employment
- Summary statistics for major international airports and airlines;
- Casualties caused by aviation and air proximity incidents
- Public attitudes to aviation and airport expansion
- Passenger experience of air travel, including security screening
Most of these statistics are collected by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and other organisations external to the Department for Transport.
All the results in the Aviation statistics series are outside the scope of National Statistics. The majority of tables are updated annually but data on public attitudes to aviation are collected and published on an ad hoc basis.
Statistics on emissions from aviation are available under the ‘Energy and the Environment’ series
Browse statistical releases within this series
Browse individual statistical tables within this series
Pre-release access lists
This list details the post holders that are given pre-release access to aviation publications for up to 24 hours prior to release:
- Statistics published by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
- Results from the International Passenger Survey (IPS)
- Phone: 020 7944 3088