Road traffic estimates: quarter 3 2011
|Publisher:||Department for Transport|
|Published date:||10 November 2011|
|Statistics topic:||Buses and coaches, Foreign registered vehicles, Major roads, Minor roads, Road traffic, Traffic|
This release presents provisional estimates for road traffic in Great Britain for the third quarter of 2011.
Download the full release
Download full release and all tables
- Road traffic estimates: quarter 3 2011 and XLS tables (ZIP – 150 KB)
- Road traffic estimates: quarter 3 2011 and CSV tables (ZIP – 61 KB)
- All motor vehicle traffic was 0.5 per cent lower in the third quarter of 2011 than in the third quarter of 2010.
- Car traffic was 1 per cent lower and heavy goods vehicle traffic 2 per cent lower in the third quarter of 2011 than in the third quarter of 2010, whereas light van traffic was 1 per cent higher.
- Traffic volumes on motorways were at around the same level in the third quarter of 2011 as in the third quarter of 2010, while rural A roads were 2 per cent lower and urban A roads were 1 per cent higher.
- Traffic on urban minor roads was 1 per cent lower and on rural minor roads 1 per cent higher than in the third quarter of 2010.
Browse all statistical tables related to this series
Information on traffic statistics, including the pre-release access list, and related technical documentation, can be found here:
Related statistical releases
- Phone: 020 7944 3095