Road traffic estimates: quarter 2 2011
|Publisher:||Department for Transport|
|Published date:||4 August 2011|
|Statistics topic:||Buses and coaches, Foreign registered vehicles, Major roads, Minor roads, Road traffic, Traffic|
This release presents provisional estimates for road traffic in Great Britain for the second quarter of 2011
Download the full release
Download full release and all tables
- Road traffic estimates: quarter 2 2011 and XSL tables (ZIP – 889 KB)
- Road traffic estimates: quarter 2 2011 and CSV tables (ZIP – 296 KB)
- All motor vehicle traffic was 1.0 per cent lower in the second quarter of 2011 than in the second quarter of 2010.
- Car traffic and heavy goods vehicle traffic was 1 per cent lower in the second quarter of 2011 than in the second quarter of 2010, whereas light van traffic was 1 per cent higher.
- Traffic volumes on motorways were at around the same level in the second quarter of 2011 as in the second quarter of 2010, while rural and urban A roads were 2 and 1 per cent lower respectively.
- Traffic on urban minor roads was 2 per cent lower and on rural minor roads 1 per cent higher than in the second quarter of 2010.
Browse all statistical tables related to this series
Information on traffic statistics, including the pre-release access list, and related technical documentation, can be found here:
Related statistical releases
- Phone: 020 7944 3095