Road traffic estimates: quarter 1 2012
|Publisher:||Department for Transport|
|Published date:||10 May 2012|
|Statistics topic:||Buses and coaches, Foreign registered vehicles, Major roads, Minor roads, Road traffic, Traffic|
This release presents provisional estimates for road traffic in Great Britain for the first quarter of 2012.
Download the full release
Download full release and all tables
- Road traffic estimates: quarter 1 2012 and XLS tables (ZIP – 106 KB)
- Road traffic estimates: quarter 1 2012 CSV tables (ZIP – 15 KB)
- All motor vehicle traffic was 0.5 per cent higher in the first quarter of 2012 than in the first quarter of 2011.
- Light van traffic was 3 per cent higher in the first quarter of 2012 compared with the first quarter of 2011, whilst car traffic and heavy goods vehicle traffic were unchanged. Other motor vehicles were 6 per cent lower.
- Traffic was unchanged on most road types in the first quarter of 2012 compared with the first quarter of 2011, with the exception of minor urban roads, which were 1 per cent higher.
Browse all statistical tables related to this release
Information on traffic statistics, including the pre-release access list, and related technical documentation, can be found here:
Related statistical releases
- Phone: 020 7944 3095