Road goods vehicles travelling to mainland Europe: quarter 4 2011
|Publisher:||Department for Transport|
|Published date:||23 February 2012|
|Series:||Roll-on roll-off international freight|
|Statistics topic:||Foreign registered vehicles, Freight international, Maritime, Road freight|
This statistical release summarises results from the survey on road goods vehicles travelling to mainland Europe from Great Britain. It includes all the main ferry routes between Great Britain and mainland Europe. Ferry routes between Great Britain and Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland are not included. These results are published quarterly eight weeks after the end of the quarter.
Download full release
Download full release and all tables
- 2.47 million goods vehicles travelled from Great Britain to mainland Europe in 2011, the same level seen in 2010, and 50 per cent higher than in 1996, but 15 per cent lower than the peak in 2007
- 1.81 million of these goods vehicles were powered vehicles, up 1 per cent on 2010. 660 thousand were unaccompanied trailers, down 2 per cent on 2010.
Quarter 4 2011
- 602 thousand goods vehicles travelled from Great Britain to mainland Europe during Q4 2011, down 3 per cent on Q4 2010.
- 447 thousand of these goods vehicles were powered vehicles and 155 thousand were unaccompanied trailers, down 2 per cent and 4 per cent respectively on Q4 2010.
Browse all statistical tables related to this series
Information on roll-on, roll-off international freight statistics, including the pre-release access list, and related technical documentation, can be found here:
Related statistical releases
- Road goods travelling to mainland Europe: Quarter 3 2011
- Road goods travelling to mainland Europe: Quarter 2 2011
- Road goods travelling to mainland Europe: Quarter 1 2011
- Phone: 020 7944 2021