Reported road casualties Great Britain: provisional estimates Q1 2011
|Publisher:||Department for Transport|
|Published date:||4 August 2011|
|Series:||Road accidents and safety|
|Statistics topic:||Casualties, Road casualties|
This publication presents statistics on personal injury accidents in the year ending March 2011 on public roads (including footways) in Great Britain, which became known to the police within 30 days.
Reported Road Casualties in Great Britain: Quarterly Provisional Estimates is a series providing estimates of personal injury road accidents and their casualties. These estimates are published to allow emerging trends to be monitored between the publications of annual figures.
Download the full release
Download full release and all tables
- RRCGB-quarterly-estimates-Q1-2011 XLS Tables (ZIP – 112 KB)
- RRCGB-quarterly-estimates-Q1-2011 CSV Tables (ZIP – 13 KB)
- There were 1,870 people killed and 24,770 killed or seriously injured (KSI), in reported road accidents in the year ending March 2011. This represents a fall of 10 and 5 per cent respectively compared to the previous 12 month period.
- There were 208,150 casualties (slight injuries, serious injuries and fatalities), 5 per cent less than the year ending March 2010.
- Total reported child casualties (ages 0-15) fell by 3 per cent to 19,810 with those killed or seriously injured down 4 per cent (2,510), compared with the year ending March 2010.
- The number of injury road accidents reported to the police fell by 5 per cent (to 154,030) and the number of fatal accidents by 8 per cent (to 1,770) compared with the 12-month period ending March 2010.
- Motor vehicle traffic levels fell by 0.7 per cent compared to the 12 month period ending March 2010.
Browse statistical tables related to this series
A note on the methodology and definitions used to produce these estimates can be found at:
Information on Road Safety statistics and definitions, including the pre-release access list, and other relevant publications can be found here:
- Phone: 020 7944 6595