Quarterly bus statistics: quarter 3 2011
|Publisher:||Department for Transport|
|Published date:||15 December 2011|
|Statistics topic:||Buses and coaches, Concessionary travel, Journeys / Trips|
This publication presents data on passenger journeys on buses in Great Britain during Q3 (July to September) 2011, estimated using a panel survey of the largest bus operators. All figures in this release are seasonally adjusted.
Download full release
Download full release and all tables
- Quarterly bus statistics and XLS tables (ZIP – 52 KB)
- Quarterly bus statistics CSV tables (ZIP – 3 KB)
Comparing Q3 (July to September) 2011 with the same quarter in the previous year:
- There was a decrease in bus passenger journeys of 0.6 per cent in England (3.1 per cent in metropolitan areas, 3.0 per cent in non-metropolitan areas, with an increase of 1.9 per cent in London).
- Over the same period there was an increase of 0.3 per cent in passenger journeys in Scotland, and an increase of 0.5 per cent in Wales.
Comparing the last two quarters, between Q2 (April to June) 2011 and Q3 (July to September) 2011:
- There was an increase in bus passenger journeys of 0.6 per cent in England (1.9 per cent in metropolitan areas and 0.9 per cent in London, with a fall of 1.0 per cent in non-metropolitan areas).
- Over the same period there was an increase of 0.4 per cent in passenger journeys in Scotland, and a decrease of 0.5 per cent in Wales.
Browse statistical tables related to this series
Information on bus statistics, including the pre-release access list and related technical documentation, can be found here:
Related statistical releases
- Phone: 020 7944 3094