Port freight statistics: quarter 1 2012
|Publisher:||Department for Transport|
|Published date:||5 July 2012|
|Statistics topic:||Freight domestic, Freight international, Maritime|
This publication presents provisional summary statistics on freight handled by major UK ports, updated quarterly. Provisional annual statistics are updated in June and detailed final annual statistics are published in September. See related statistical releases below.
Download full release
Download full release and all tables
Year ending Q1 2012 compared with year ending Q1 2011
- Total port traffic (tonnage) in the year ending Q1 2012 was up 1 per cent on the year ending Q1 2011.
- The number of units of all types handled in the year ending Q1 2012 was down 2 per cent compared with the year ending Q1 2011.
Latest quarter compared with same quarter of previous year
- Tonnage in Q1 of 2012 was down 3 per cent compared with Q1 2011.
- The number of units of all types handled in Q1 2012 was down 3 per cent compared with Q1 2011.
Browse all statistical tables related to this series
Information on port freight statistics, including the pre-release access list, and related technical documentation, can be found here:
Related statistical releases
- Port freight statistics: quarter 4 2011
- Port freight statistics: 2010 final figures
- Port freight statistics: 2011 annual (provisional)
- Phone: 020 7944 4131