Annual bus statistics 2009/10
|Publisher:||Department for Transport|
|Published date:||21 October 2010|
|Statistics topic:||Buses and coaches, Concessionary travel, Cost of travel, Distance travelled, Journeys / Trips|
This publication presents a range of statistics on the local bus sector in England and Wales, including passenger journeys, vehicle miles and levels of government support. Most of the data are derived from the Department’s main annual survey of bus and coach operators.
Download full release
Download full release and all tables
- Annual bus statistics 2009/10 and XSL tables (ZIP – 617 KB)
- Annual bus statistics 2009/10 and CSV tables (ZIP – 92KB)
- Bus passenger journeys in England decreased by 0.5 per cent between 2008/09 and 2009/10.
- Bus vehicle miles in England decreased by 1.2 per cent between 2008/09 and 2009/10.
- Bus fares in England increased by 0.2 per cent in real terms between March 2009 and March 2010.
- Provisional estimates show that 50.9 per cent of operating revenue for local bus services came from passenger fare receipts in 2009/10. This compares to 48.9 per cent in 2008/09.
- Provisional figures suggest that net public funding support for local bus services in England decreased by 3.1 per cent in real terms between 2008/09 and 2009/10.
Browse all statistical tables related to this series
Information on bus statistics, including the pre-release access list, and related technical documentation can be found here
- Phone: 020 7944 3094