Online Feedback Surveys
We are collecting information about user experiences of our publications. You don't need to be on our list of users to respond.
USER FEEDBACK SURVEYS (CURRENT)
- User Consultation - Private Fostering (PF1) collection and Children Accommodated in Secure Homes (SA1) collection
The Department for Education seeks to keep its statistical publications relevant and useful and to ensure that they meet the needs of the users. We would also like to better understand the users of these statistics, the use made of the statistics and the types of decisions they inform. We would appreciate your help in doing this by giving us your opinion on two publications:
- Private Fostering Arrangements (PF1).
- Children Accommodated in Secure Children's Homes (SA1).
We are specifically interested in finding out:
- What is your interest in the statistics, how do you use them and how crucial are they to your work/study?
- Do the figures published meet your needs, or are there other tables or analysis that would be useful?
- Do you use the written commentaries and technical notes? If so, can they be improved? Specifically are they clear for the use you make of these statistics?
- What additional commentary and analysis would aid your interpretation?
- What additional information would be useful on the quality and reliability of these statistics to improve the use you make of them?
Users are invited to respond by 31 March 2012. Please send any responses to Alison Butler.
- User Consultation - Children in Need
Figures were published on 30 November 2011 from the second full Children in Need census in the Statistical First Release: Characteristics of Children in Need in England, 2010-11, Final. To ensure the publication meets the needs of users, and to better understand the use made of these statistics, we would appreciate your feedback. For information on how to provide feedback, please follow this hyperlink. Responses are required by 10 February 2012.
- Consultation on the Future of the Statistical Release on Diploma Learning in England
This is the third year of Diploma provision and the Diploma is now an established qualification. As such it is the intention of the Department that, after this year, Diploma reporting will be brought into line with other qualifications available to 14-19 year olds. These qualifications are reported on in the School and College Performance Tables in January each year. With the inclusion of Diplomas in the School and College Performance Tables and associated Statistical Releases there would appear to be no need for a separate Statistical Release on Diplomas.
We propose to discontinue the Statistical Release on Diplomas from next year, that is, after the 2011 Statistical Release on Diploma Learning in England. We would welcome your comments on this proposal and any additional comments that you wish to make on the use that you make of the statistics, especially if you have any specific reasons why we should continue to publish these statistics in a separate Statistical Release.
Could you please contact Helen Bray if you wish to take part in this consultation exercise. Her contact details are:
Department for Education
Data & Statistics Division
5th floor, Sanctuary Buildings
Great Smith Street
Your views are needed by the end of 2011 in order that a decision can be made in early 2012.
The latest available edition of the Statistical Release on Diplomas is here
USER FEEDBACK SURVEYS (RECENTLY CLOSED)
The following user feedback surveys have now closed. You can still tell us what you think about the publications in any of these areas by contacting the statistician named on the front cover of the statistical releases.
- The consultation on the use of statistics contained in the publication 'Characteristics of Children in Need, England' closed on 10 February. No responses were received. However, we always welcome any feedback on the statistics we produce and if you wish to do so then contact details can be found in the end of the publication.
- The Children and Early Years user consultation seeking to understand the use made of the "DfE: Provision for Children under 5 years of age in England" and "DfE: Early Years Foundation Stage Profile Results in England" statistics and the types of decisions they inform closed on 2 December 2011. Responses will be documented in future publication technical notes.
- The consultation on the format and content of the Statistical First Release on Children Accommodated in Secure Children's Homes closed on 26 July 2011. No responses were received.
- The consultation on revising the tables in the "Provision for Children under 5 years of age" Statistical First Release closed on 8 April 2011. All responses will be taken into consideration and the results will be published on this page in due course.
- The Survey on the Proposal for revising the tables in the Annual School Workforce Statistical First Release closed on 18 March 2011. All responses will be taken into consideration and the results will be published on this page in due course.
- The survey "Education and Training Statistics for the United Kingdom" closed on the 10 January 2011. All responses will be taken into consideration for future collections.
- The Survey on the content of the School Destinations of Secondary School Pupils Resident in London Boroughs publications closed on 12 November 2010. All responses will be taken into consideration for publication in 2011.
SUMMARY OF FEEDBACK RECEIVED
Summaries of user responses to user engagement activities are given below: