COI helps colleagues across the public sector deliver policy objectives and public services efficiently and effectively, from a network of offices across the UK.
We help deliver cost effective communication activities and bring together insight and learning from across public services. At the same time, as part of the Government Communication Network (GCN), we set standards, offer guidance, and share knowledge and expertise.
We help our public sector colleagues deliver better communication outcomes by:
- Understanding the public, business and government.
- Using research and behavioural insight to influence attitudes and behaviours.
- Advising on the right communication mix to help organisations optimise effectiveness though the best use of owned, earned and paid for channels.
- Supporting digital engagement and participation through the use of new and emerging technologies.
- Delivering efficiencies by leveraging economies of scale and creating successful partnerships.
- Measuring what matters and evaluating communication to understand what works, so that every penny is spent wisely.
COI's Chief Executive reports to the Minister for the Cabinet Office. The Minister is accountable to Parliament and its Select Committees for all COI's activities.
COI staff structure
As part of an ongoing drive to improve Government accountability and transparency COI is publishing details about the civil servants working in the Department. Below is a detailed organisational chart and underlying data sets showing exactly how many staff were working in each area of COI.
- Organogram - covers all staff at COI [PDF 63KB]
- Table of senior staff [CSV 4KB]
- Table of junior staff [CSV 9KB]