Export Control Awareness Newsletter - November 2011 edition published
Latest news on Export Control Organisation matters to help you in your export licence applications.
Stay up to date with the latest announcements and advice on export control issues provided by the Export Control Organisation, the UK's regulatory authority for export licensing of strategic (military and dual-use) goods.
Download the November 2011 issue of the ECO's Awareness Newsletter (DOC, 1.3 Mb) .
This issue covers the following issues:
- Plan ahead for your export licences
- Charging update
- Red Tape Challenge and FCO Review
- Current arms embargoes
- Sanctions imposed on Al-Qaida and the Taliban
- New EU Open General Export Licences for dual-use goods being issued soon
- Notices to Exporters you may have missed….
- New and amended Open General Export Licences
- Update to the Checker Tools homepage
- Kings College London Proliferation Procurement and Anti-Proliferation Project
- WARNING! IMPORTANT NOTICE about incorrect use of the OGEL (Military Goods: Government or NATO End-Use) pre 6th October 2010
- MOD exhibition clearances for the OGEL (Export for Exhibition: Military Goods)
- First Visit from a Compliance Inspector? Don't Panic!
- Got the movers in?...changed your name?....don't forget to inform ECO and update your SPIRE account
- DUPLICATION: DUPLICATION: DUPLICATION: Take great care entering your contact details on SPIRE
- Progress "chasing" on licences within 20 working day target
- Responding to RFI requests
Export Control Guidance
The Export Control Organisation (ECO) is the UK's regulatory 'strategic' export licensing authority and forms part of the UK's Department for Business. Further details about the ECO's advisory services and practical guidance for exporters is available on the export control pages of the Businesslink website at http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/exportcontrol.
Previously issued Notices to Exporters
You can access previously issued Notices, Training Bulletins, the latest Iran List and details of export control prosecutions via the Notice to Exporters page.
You can choose to subscribe to our email alerts service by emailing us at email@example.com or alternatively by subscribing to either via our RSS feed or via Twitter:
- RSS Feed Link: http://feeds.feedburner.com/eco-notices-exporters
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/ECO_Notices
Other Notification Services
The Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS) also publishes a Bulletin which sets out the wider work of BIS to build a dynamic and competitive economy. Click here to subscribe.
Export Control Enquiries
For general export control queries please contact the ECO.
ECO Business Awareness Team
Export Control Organisation
18 November 2011