News release about the new West Coast rail franchise to deliver 28,000 more seats.
Government and the railways
The Government’s role in the running of the railways is to provide strategic direction and to procure rail services and projects that only it can specify. Transport Scotland and the Welsh Government have devolved rail responsibilities.
Travelling by train
- Making a complaint about rail services
- Mobility-impaired and disabled train passengers
- National Rail information for disabled passengers
- Passenger Focus
- Rail access for disabled people
- UK rail services
Tickets and discounts
- Docklands Light Railway
- London Overground railway
- London Underground (Tube)
- National Rail enquiries
- Transport for London
Responsibility for day-to-day delivery of railway services rests with the rail industry.