Prison, probation and rehabilitation
This section contains information and guidance about the prison service, probation service and what happens to offenders released from custody or serving their sentence in the community.
It also includes information about our reforms to offender management, the introduction of payment by results and forthcoming events.
It includes documents, manuals, forms and booklets that can be downloaded.
Who this section is for
- Prison staff (contracted prisons)
- Parole and probation staff
- Clinical supervisors
- Social supervisors
- Potential payment by results providers
What’s in this section
This section includes information about:
- our new approach to offender management and payment by results
- rules, regulations and guidelines on how prisons are run
- prison performance standards
- prisoner information books
- Rehabilitation of Offenders Act
- working with offenders who have a mental health condition
- Parole Board hearings, rules and procedures
- probation guidance