Open Meeting of Scottish Food Advisory Committee: 17 January 2012
Friday 30 December 2011
The Scottish Food Advisory Committee of the Food Standards Agency is holding an open meeting in Aberdeen on Tuesday 17 January 2012.
Agenda items to be discussed will include:
- FSA foodborne disease strategy progress report and identifying the priorities for Scotland
- framework for sharing scientific data or funding with external partners: responses to the public consultation
- FSA participation moratorium on regulations for micro and start-up businesses
- draft commission regulation concerning the use of lactic acid to reduced microbiological surface contamination from bovine carcases, cuts and trimmings
- the Food Standards Agency as a UK department working in an area of devolved competence
- issues associated with nanotechnology in food
The meeting will be held at the Food Standards Agency in Scotland, St Magnus House, 25 Guild Street, Aberdeen, AB11 6NJ. Registration starts at 12:45 with the meeting scheduled to run from 1pm to 4pm.
Anyone with an interest in these subjects or the general work of the Food Standards Agency is invited to attend this meeting, to share their views, and to participate in an open question and answer session.
If you would like to register to attend the meeting please contact Susan Atkinson, SFAC Secretariat, on 01224 285131 or firstname.lastname@example.org