Local authority reports published
Monday 13 August 2007
The Agency's local authority audit reports for Aberdeen and Aberdeenshire are now available online.
As part of the Agency's local authority audit scheme we publish a report of the audit.
This report also includes an action plan developed by the local authority to address report's findings.
To date the Agency's local authority audit scheme has included eight different types of audit.
- full audit – looks at local authorities' food law enforcement services
- food sampling focused audit – looks at arrangements for food sampling by local authorities
- formal enforcement focused audit – looks at formal enforcement action
- imported food focused audits – looks at arrangements for controls on imported food of non-animal origin
- internal monitoring focused audits – looks at arrangements for internal monitoring and third party/peer review, including inter-authority audits (IAA)
- statistical monitoring focused audits – looks at arrangements for providing statistical monitoring returns on food law enforcement activity
- Home Authority Principle focused audits – looks at Home Authority (the local authority where the relevant decision making base of an enterprise is located) arrangements, advice to business and food and feeding stuffs safety and standards promotion
- re-approval of coldstores audits – looks at food law enforcement activities in respect of standalone coldstores