- Case information & reporting
- About us
Booking opens for 2010 Annual Assembly of Standards Committees
22 February 2010
Booking opens today for ‘A place for standards’, the 2010 Annual Assembly of Standards Committees (24 February).
‘A place for standards’ takes place at the International Convention Centre in Birmingham on 18 and 19 October. It is a vital diary date for anyone who wants to build their knowledge of the Code of Conduct and the local standards framework, including independent and elected members of standards committees, monitoring officers and legal and democratic services teams, elected members with special responsibility for standards and ethics and chief executives and council leaders
The Annual Assembly has sold out quickly for the past three years, so early booking is highly recommended. Online booking is available from today on our website www.annualassembly.co.uk. Booking forms will also be sent out to authorities in March.
The programme for the 2010 Annual Assembly focuses on sharing good practice, developing high standards and helping authorities to manage a proportionate, cost effective local standards framework.
Session themes include:
- Guidance for new or less experienced delegates to help them build confidence in managing local assessment, investigations, hearings, determinations and the Code of Conduct
- How to develop a place for standards within an authority, and proactively engage with members, leaders and key decision makers
- How to successfully recruit independent standards committee members
- How to develop a proactive work programme for a standards committee
- The right qualities and skills for an effective independent chair
- To blog or not to blog: Using social media and staying within the Code
- Dedicated sessions for town and parish councils and fire, police, integrated transport and parks authorities
For the third year running, there is no price increase for the Annual Assembly. The cost of full conference attendance is held at £430 (plus VAT), and the cost of a one-day place is held £230 (plus VAT).
For media enquiries, contact the press office on 0161 817 5400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes for editors
1. The 2010 Annual Assembly of Standards Committees, ‘A Place for Standards’ takes place on 18 and 19 October at the International Convention Centre in Birmingham. For more information, please visit www.standardsforengland.gov.uk or email email@example.com
2. For media enquiries, please contact the press office on 0161 817 5400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org