More on finance options
- Get more hints and tips about raising finance on the Better Business Finance website
- Learn about credit management on the Institute for Credit Management website
- Find out how to get investors involved in your business on the British Venture Capital Association and the British Business Angels Association websites
- Find out more about how to manage your cashflow and how to deal with slow paying customers on the Asset Based Finance Association website
- Find out about Community Development Finance Institutions - who lend to people who find it difficult to borrow money from banks and building societies - on the Finding Finance website
The Finance Finder is a searchable database of publicly-backed and private sources of finance that can help you to start up and grow your business. The tool will help you explore the full range of options that you might want to consider from government grants through to investment types of finance available from Business Angels and Venture Capitalists.
The Finance Finder helps you identify different types of finance for your business and where to get it. If you would like more detail about the options available, and more in depth analysis of your financial requirements, then you may also wish to try the Finance Options tool: Finance Options for your Business
Before you start
Obtaining finance can be complex so it is worth taking time to prepare for meeting with potential lenders or investors. To increase your chances of success first time, see our section on Preparing for investment.