Adult Literacy (English) and Numeracy (Maths)
are two of the 'Key Skills'
Adult literacy (or English) and Numeracy (Maths) are two the 'Key Skills' that are commonly needed in a range of activities in education and training, work and life in general. They are transferable skills: once you've got them, you can use them in different situations.
Key Skills qualifications can:
- give you more confidence in your own abilities
- boost your CV and show employers what you can do
- help you move on to other qualifications such as an HND or degree
- show what you have achieved in your learning programme
Key Skills qualifications can be taken by anyone. There are no minimum entry requirements.
- Visit the DirectGov website for more information and how to access training courses.
- Improve your English and Maths with the BBC SkillsWise website.
- Designed for the health sector, Skills for Health have designed a tool to help you to identify what level of literacy and numeracy an indvidual is at.