Level 3 Units
The diagram shows the make up of the units for the Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People's Workforce.
The diploma shares units with other sector skills councils' qualifications, e.g. the TDA Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools qualifications, and has three shared mandatory units that appear in other Level 3 qualifications across the children and young people and adult social care workforce, e.g. Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care.
There are seven children and young people workforce core units which are undertaken by all three pathways and reflect the knowledge and skills of the common core. There are then mandatory units for each of the pathways.
The option unit allowance is where practitioners undertake units that reflect their specialisms, for example supporting disabled children and young people, caseload management and supporting children and young people with mental health needs.
Further information on the Level 3 Diploma Units.
- Final overview - Level 3 Diploma for the Children & Young People's Workforce [Word - 131 Kb]
- Level 3 unit index [PDF - 139 Kb]
- SfCD shared core [zip - 158 Kb]
- Children and young people's core [zip - 571 Kb]
- Early Years Mandatory Pathway [zip - 332 Kb]
- Learning Development & Support Services Mandatory Pathway [zip - 168 Kb]
- Social Care Mandatory Pathway [zip - 199 Kb]
- Optional units [zip - 1.6 Mb]