Leadership and management training resources
Welcome to CWDC's leadership and management resources for the children's workforce.
What are the resources?
Full training packages for you to dowload and use. The resources include activities and handouts, pre course reading, facilitator notes and presentations.
Who are they for?
Training and development officers and workforce leads can use these resources to develop or complement local training programmes. Individuals wishing to develop their leadership and / or management skills can use them for personal study.
The resources for aspiring leaders, senior leaders and new managers come from our Young People's Workforce Reform training programmes. These programmes were delivered between 2009-2011 to a wide variety of people at all levels of responsibility within the public and voluntary sectors. These materials are available to download and use and are fully editable.
The resources from our leadership programme for workforce planners are particularly suitable for middle managers and leaders. These materials are available to download and use, but are not editable at this current time.
How can I use them?
We encourage you to use these resources to support the development of leaders and managers within your organisation or to enhance your own leadership skills. Please note that the resources are not permitted for use by commercial organisations who profit from people attending their leadership or management training courses.
CWDC have made these resources available to support sector led workforce development and improvement.
Your experience of using these materials could help others in a similar role. Join Share Street, the online community of learning for the children's workforce, to discuss your experiences and share any useful documents you have successfully adapted.
Click on the featured links at the side of this page to download the leadership resources
We would appreciate your feedback on how you are using the leadership resources. Please contact Claire.Owens@cwdcouncil.org.uk with your comments.
“There is a real positive impact from supporting and being supported through similar experiences”. Mark Ambrose, Deputy Manager, Workforce Development Team, Leeds.
- Fully funded Early Years Professional Status places still available 06 January
- Applications to the January 2012 Early Years Professional Status (EYPS) programme will remain open until January 17.
- Munro training dates announced 20 October
- Training designed to help Directors of Children's Services deliver recommendations from the Munro review has been announced.
- New editable foster care workbook and guidance online now 20 October
- CWDC's new editable foster care workbook and guidance can be downloaded now from our website.
- Help shape the Assessed and Supported Year in Employment 17 October
- The social work sector is being asked to comment on proposals outlining an Assessed and Supported Year in Employment (ASYE).