Our statistics come from our work in inspection and regulation; they are available on our website. We release each of our official statistics four times a year. For some remit areas there will be a fifth supplementary release to coincide with the publication of the Annual Report.
Our statistics cover:
- early years and childcare – including inspections; outcomes; and childcare provider and place numbers
- maintained schools – including inspections; outcomes; and schools causing concern
- independent schools inspections and outcomes
- children and families services – including inspections and outcomes for children’s centres, children’s social care and local authority children’s services; and children’s social care provider and place numbers
- adult learning and skills – including learning and skills inspections and outcomes; and initial teacher education inspections and outcomes.
Our quarterly statistics are available on the website at the links below
To find our statistics go to the Advanced resources search: under the 'Resource type' header choose 'Statistics' from the expanded list of publications subtypes; in the 'Information about' drop-down choose the remit area that you are interested in.
The UK Statistics Authority has a code of practice that government departments must follow for their official statistics. The code of practice is available from the UK Statistics Authority website.
You can find out when our next statistics will be published in our Schedule for the release of official statistics. We update the timetable as required.
We publish a revisions policy: Statistical notice: Ofsted revisions policy for official statistics. This sets out the circumstances in which revisions will be made to our official statistics and how these revisions will be handled. We review the revisions policy annually.