Higher education reform 2012-13
The publication by the Government of the higher education White Paper in June 2011 signalled major changes to the way the higher education system in England will be funded and regulated.
Below are links to relevant documents and announcements.
Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS)
- The Higher Education White Paper 'Students at the Heart of the System'
- Letter from the Secretary of State to HEFCE on the White Paper (Adobe PDF 119K) (June 2011)
- BIS technical consultation (August 2011)
- New arrangements for teaching funding - 2012-13 and beyond
- Student number controls for 2012-13 (17 October 2011)
- HEFCE response to BIS technical consultation (28 October 2011)
- HEFCE corporate planning
Interim Regulatory Partnership Group
The Interim Regulatory Partnership Group was established in September 2011 by HEFCE and the Student Loans Company (SLC). It considers policy, strategic and operational issues arising from the development of the new HE funding and regulatory regime for higher education.
Last updated 14 November 2011