New in this section
Now including consultation outcomes.
Learning and teaching
We aim to ensure that all higher education (HE) students benefit from a high-quality learning experience that fully meets their needs and the needs of society.
Funding for learning and teaching is central to the delivery of our aims. In 2011-12 we will distribute funding of up to £4,339 million as recurrent grant to support learning and teaching in universities and colleges. We also fund several special initiatives.
New arrangements for teaching funding
Details of the new method for funding teaching, including consultation outcomes.
We work widely with the providers of HE and other agencies associated with learning and teaching to:
- provide information about HE
- assess and assure the quality of teaching
- enhance learning and teaching
- promote innovation in learning and teaching
- encourage a strategic approach to HE in further education colleges
Further information on learning and teaching statistics is available.
From autumn 2006 we have adopted a learning and teaching evaluation framework to inform the evaluation of our policies and programmes. The framework comprises a set of principles of good practice that we will use to improve the design and implementation of both our in-house and commissioned evaluations. It can be downloaded below.
L&T evaluation framework
- The HEFCE Board's Strategic Advisory Committee on Teaching, Quality and the Student Experience oversees our work in learning and teaching.
Last updated 20 October 2011