Richard Benyon MP
Parliamentary Under-Secretary for Natural Environment and Fisheries
Richard Benyon MP was appointed as Parliamentary Under Secretary of State on 14 May 2010.
- Coastal and wider access, countryside and rights of way
- Coastal erosion
- Departmental administration
- Ecosystem services
- EU Fisheries Council
- Fisheries, including CFP
- Flooding and water (including Nitrates)
- Inland waterways (including British Waterways)
- International forestry policy
- Land management (including commons and contaminated land) and soil
- Marine and Coastal Access Act implementation
- Marine Environment
- Marine Management Organisation
- National parks and areas of outstanding natural beauty
- Natural environment
- Rural Affairs
Richard Benyon has been MP for Newbury since May 2005. Before coming to government Mr Benyon served as a Shadow Minister for the Environment, Fisheries and Wildlife. Prior to this appointment he was a Party Whip. He has also served on the Home Affairs Select Committee.
Mr Benyon lives in West Berkshire where he is a farmer. He is a former soldier and is a founder Trustee of the charity Help for Heroes. Mr Benyon is married to Zoe, with whom he has two sons. He also has three sons from his previous marriage.