During a Childcare Register inspection
Your Childcare Register inspection should last no more than two hours, which includes giving you feedback at the end of the visit.
The inspector will check to see that the requirements of your registration on the Childcare Register are being met.
If you have not met one or more of the requirements, the inspector will tell you what needs to be put right and will explain what happens next.
During the inspection, the inspector will:
- talk to you, parents, the children (if present) and any staff members, and make sure policies are being put into practice
- check registration details and see how you comply with and understand the requirements and any conditions of registration
- assess the safety of your home or premises and the risk assessment you carry out
- assess your understanding of policies and procedures
- look at your recruitment policies, where applicable
- look at your arrangements for making sure unsuitable people do not have unsupervised access to children.