Innovation at AMP
The UK’s most advanced manufacturing technology facility is the Advanced Manufacturing Park—a project delivered by Yorkshire Forward.
- Innovations in technology
- Innovations in collaboration (academia, government and industry)
The Advanced Manufacturing Park (AMP) is a Yorkshire Forward project and the UK’s premier advanced manufacturing technology park. The AMP provides world-class innovation and technology solutions with the ethos of sharing technology for wider benefit.
The Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC), based on the park, is globally recognised as an innovative and highly successful example of what can be achieved when universities, government and industry collaborate.
Technologies at the park centre on metallic and composite materials and structures. These are typically used in precision industries including aerospace, automotive, environmental, energy, petrochemical, and medical devices.
Technical innovations born out of AMP include:
- Components for the next generation of military and commercial aircraft, including the new Boeing 787 Dreamliner
- Castings Technology International reduced the design and development time for a marine propulsion prototype by 75%
- TWI has developed Friction Stir Welding, used by Hitachi Trains in carriage bodies: this next generation of trains will replace the UK’s current HST and electric mainline train fleets.
Innovations in collaboration include:
- A partnership between Dormer Tools and the AMRC to develop of new tools for the machining of advanced aerospace materials.
The AMP offers a range of investment and development opportunities for research organisations and high-tech companies involved in precision manufacturing and advanced materials technology processes. This includes start-ups, university spin-outs and large organisations planning to expand or relocate.
What is Yorkshire Forward’s connection with this initiative?
Advanced Manufacturing Park (AMP) is a project conceived and funded by Yorkshire Forward.
You can find out more at www.ampwaverley.com