Strategic development and property
Our Strategic Development and Property Team facilitates development within Yorkshire & Humber, so that our region can achieve the economic targets set out in the Regional Economic Strategy.
We take a proactive approach, concentrating resources on major strategic projects in order to overcome market failure (where normal market forces are not prevailing) and create opportunities.
What does our work involve?
- Supporting Yorkshire Forward with strategic development and property
- Helping to maximise private-sector funding
- Funding (and/or enabling the development of) strategic infrastructure
- Developing the effectiveness of the urban regeneration companies
- Supporting the new city development companies
- Influencing the region’s major utility companies
- Maximising the value of European funding
- Managing the restoration and/or re-development of former coalfield sites
- Encouraging sustainable construction.
We work in towns and cities to create development solutions which will overcome infrastructure constraints and market failure, promoting growth and enhancing business success.
The team works closely with its four sub-regional offices, local authorities, urban regeneration companies, economic development companies, and Renaissance South Yorkshire. Together, we ensure the successful implementation of an approved masterplan and of business projects which support the objectives in the Regional Economic Strategy.
Find out more
Find out what we’re doing in the sub-regions: