Pickering Town Team minutes
The town team in Pickering is called Pickering 2020.
Creating a town team is an important part of making sure that RMT is successful. The town team is a vital part of making the regeneration of the town a success.
There are many partnerships and organisations currently working within the towns, and there are people who will feel passionately about their town or sector and are ready to play an important role in delivering the opportunities that will come out of this process. Where possible, a town team was created by building on an existing partnership, rather than setting up a new team.
Town teams hold regular meetings to discuss renaissance projects and the input they can have.
The role of the town team has been defined as follows.
- To produce, monitor, review and revise a strategic development framework for the town.
- To prioritise, promote and, where appropriate, deliver the projects contained in the strategic development framework.
- To maintain enthusiasm for the Renaissance process within the town team.
- To make sure that project ideas are sustainable.
- To prepare, monitor and review a structure for the town team, through the partnership delivery group.
- To create working groups to investigate project ideas in further detail.
- To co-ordinate the activities of the working groups.
- To make sure there is regular communication with the local authority and consultation forum.
- To appoint consultants to develop and investigate project ideas.
- To prepare information on behalf of the town team to communicate with the wider community.
- To identify and raise the funds and resources needed for the group.
- To promote the Renaissance strategic development framework and process to the wider community.
For more information on towns teams read our Renaissance Market Towns manual.