- KTNs have led to over 600 R&D projects since 2004
- That equates to £900m of public & private R&D funding.
Knowledge Transfer Networks
The Knowledge Transfer Networks (KTNs) are a UK-wide part of the Technology Strategy Board's business support programme. They’re designed to stimulate and speed up innovation in the UK economy through higher levels of R&D and knowledge transfer. There are 24 KTNs in the network, each working in different areas of technology (see below).
There are no restrictions on the size or number of businesses or academic institutions which may join a network. Grants to allow networks to be set up between businesses, academic institutions and trade associations, as well as between other groups, are available to intermediaries.
- Networking—targeted events, meetings and special interest groups offer frequent opportunities to network with other businesses and academics
- Information & news—there’s free access to online services including reports, newsletters, webinars and e-training, events diaries, e-conferencing and collaboration tools, as well as sector-/application-specific information
- Funding opportunities—get advice on Technology Strategy Board collaborative R&D calls, Knowledge Transfer Partnerships, and other sources of funding for innovation (such as FP7, Eureka, and venture capital)
- Policy & regulation—a communications route between the community, government and the EU, offering members an opportunity to influence policies and regulation both within the UK and overseas.
|Aerospace & Defence||BioProcess UK|
|Bioscience for Business||Chemistry Innovation|
|Creative Industries||Cyber Security|
|Digital Communications||Integrated Products Manufacturing|
|Food Processing||Grid Computing Now|
|Health Technologies||Industrial Mathematics|
|Intelligent Transport Systems||Location & Timing|
|Low-Carbon & Fuel-Cell Technology||Materials|
|Modern Built Environment||Nanotechnology|
|Sensors & Instrumentation||UK Displays & Lighting|
The KTN programme is funded by government, the regional development agencies, devolved administrations & the Research Councils. Yorkshire Forward works closely with government to ensure that regional business support initiatives are aligned with their national counterparts.
Visit the Knowledge Transfer Partnerships.