Employee benefits at Yorkshire Forward
It’s rewarding to work for Yorkshire Forward. As our name suggests, we’re a forward-thinking organisation where people can enjoy an exciting career, help make a positive difference to our region, and receive a competitive range of benefits:
Yorkshire Forward’s salaries are reviewed every year to ensure they attract and retain the high calibre of people we need to help us fulfil our goals.
Flexibility is our philosophy here at Yorkshire Forward: we believe in letting our employees fulfil the requirements of their jobs whilst taking into consideration their different lifestyles and responsibilities outside the workplace.
Training & personal development
The success of our organisation depends upon our greatest asset—our employees. That’s why lifelong learning is an integral part of our working environment. Recognising people’s different learning approaches, we provide a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities, including formal training, personal development plans and a continuing professional development programme.
The holiday year starts from the first day of employment, with an entitlement of 27 days (pro rata for part-time employees) plus eight public holidays each year.
If you aren’t already a member of the Civil Service Pension Scheme, you’ll be entitled to join one of our two pension schemes:
- nuvos: The employee contribution is 3.5%, and the employer contribution is linked to salary—between 17.1% and 25.5%. The life assurance element is twice the salary
- Partnership: The employer contribution is between 3% and 12.5%, dependant on age. The employee chooses how much to contribute; in addition to the customary contribution, the employer will also match the employee’s contribution up to 3%. Life assurance depends on the chosen provider.
Yorkshire Forward has an active relationship with Prospect, the union for professionals, which improves the efficiency and quality of our organisation whilst ensuring that employees achieve the work/life balance they need.
- Our ‘Care First’ counselling service provides free, confidential advice on personal and legal matters.
- Flexible working is possible (subject to operational requirements).
- We operate a childcare vouchers salary sacrifice scheme, to save on your national insurance contributions.
- You will benefit from relevant training and personal development.
- You’ll be entitled to a free eye test every two years. If the test confirms you only need glasses for looking at your computer screen, you may be able to claim towards the cost of glasses.
- Health plans are available at corporate rates, payable monthly through your salary.
- A qualified reflexology practitioner offers a discounted rate at our Leeds and Wath offices.
- Our ‘Care Costs’ scheme pays for the care of a child or elderly relative if you are required to work outside of your normal working pattern.
After you have completed your probation period:
- Our work/life balance policy offers a wide variety of flexible working options, including compressed hours, part-time working and job-share.
- Under our buying and selling of annual leave scheme, you have the option to buy or sell up to five days.
- You can apply for a corporate discount on an annual Metrocard, which you can pay for in monthly installments deducted from your salary and which will save you 15% on public transport costs.
- We offer travel loans: if you live outside the Metrocard zone, you may be eligible to receive reimbursement for the cost of a season ticket, repayable in installments taken from your salary.
- We offer interest-free loans to enable you to buy a bicycle.
- We’ll pay for your professional subscriptions, where membership is perceived to be of value to your work.
After one year’s employment:
- We offer enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption benefits.
- Our enhanced sick pay scheme offers full pay for the first six months, followed by six months’ half pay in any four-year rolling programme.