Our statistics come from our work in inspection and regulation, and we release each of our official statistics four times a year. For some topics, there will be a fifth supplementary release to coincide with the Annual Report.
Our statistics cover:
- early years and childcare – including inspections; outcomes; and childcare provider and place numbers
- maintained schools – including inspections; outcomes; and schools causing concern
- independent schools inspections and outcomes
- children and families services – including inspections and outcomes for children’s centres, children’s social care and local authority children’s services; and children’s social care provider and place numbers
- adult learning and skills – including learning and skills inspections and outcomes; and initial teacher education inspections and outcomes.
The UK Statistics Authority has a code of practice that we follow for our official statistics.
You can find all of our latest statistics releases here.
We also publish a schedule for the release of our official statistics so you can see what is upcoming.