We know how important it is to protect your privacy and to comply with the Data Protection Act. If we ask for your personal information we will:
- let you know why we need it
- only ask for what we need, and not collect excessive or irrelevant information
- make sure nobody has access to it who shouldn’t
- let you know if we share it with other organisations to give you better public services, and whether you can say no
- only keep it for as long as we need to
- not make it available for commercial use (such as marketing) without your permission
- DfT information charter
- DSA information charter
- Information Asset Register
The Department’s Information Asset Register (IAR) is a table of information relating to the important datasets that the Department is responsible for.
- Records Management Policy
This is the standard records management policy for DfT.
- Who we share information with and why
Information on who the Department for Transport and its agencies share information with and the purpose of this sharing.
- Data Protection Act
Notes for guidance on complying with the Data Protection Act 1998.