Internal Audit Investigations Unit
The Unit is established to investigate alleged misuse of Skills Funding Agency and YPLA funds. Therefore the remit of the Unit is to consider all allegations of financial irregularity against either of these Agencies and to investigate or take other action when it is appropriate. This consideration includes:
- Allegations of financial irregularity involving contractors and other learning and training providers in receipt of Skills Funding Agency funds, either directly or indirectly;
- Allegations of financial irregularity involving colleges or other learning establishments in direct receipt of YPLA funds;
- Allegations of financial impropriety by staff of either the Skills Funding Agency or YPLA.
The team charter informs all parties involved in an investigation of:
- The remit and role of the Internal Audit Investigations Unit;
- The types of allegations dealt with by the Unit;
- Actions the Unit will take when it receives allegations;
- When and how organisations being investigated will be informed of allegations and planned investigations;
- Possible outcomes of investigation.