Contact us

Whistleblower hotline

There may be times when council employees and those working with young children will want to report to us concerns about practices and procedures for the safeguarding of children and young people.

You can contact our hotline in three ways.

  • Call us on 0300 123 3155 (Monday to Friday from 8.00am to 6.00pm).
  • Email us at
  • Write to us at:
    Piccadilly Gate
    Store Street
    Manchester M1 2WD

Before you contact our hotline

We suggest that you first read your employer’s whistleblowing policy and then raise your concerns with your employer.

If your employer does not have a whistleblowing policy or if you are still not sure how to raise your concerns with your employer or someone else, we suggest you first get free, confidential advice from the independent whistleblowing charity Public Concern at Work; it can help you to decide whether and/or how to raise your concern. You can call on 020 7404 6609 or email For further information, go to the Public Concern at Work website – it includes guidance on whistleblowing legislation.

If you are someone who wishes to complain about a service you use that we inspect or regulate, we will deal with your concerns through our normal complaints procedure. For further information, go to the How to complain page.