Equality and diversity at QCDA
Find out about how we make sure equality and diversity are priorities within our organisation and in all of our work in education.
We have various policies, processes and groups in place to make sure we continually monitor and make progress in this area.
QCDA equality objectives
QCDA has developed equality objectives for 2011/12 to enable the organisation to be able to demonstrate our equality impacts and outcomes as an organisation and in all of our work in education.
Copies of our equality objectives and reports can be obtained from the Equality and Diversity team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
QCDA's annual equality report 2011 reviews the impacts and outcomes relating to QCDA's equality duties in 2010/11.
QCDA's Equality and Diversity Policy reflects the Equality Act 2010 and recognises that we are a changing organisation due to transfer and closure.
We carry out equality analysis to check that all of our work meets our public duty to eliminate discrimination, advance equality and foster good relations in relation to the protected characteristics covered by the Equality Act 2010. We do this by assessing any impact that the policy/practice may have against the protected characteristics covered by the public duty. These protected characteristics include:
- gender reassignment
- marriage and civil partnership
- pregnancy and maternity
- religion or belief
- sexual orientation.
Equality Strategy Board
Our Equality Strategy Board is chaired by the director for support services and reports to the Executive. The Board is responsible for the development and implementation of QCDA's equality objectives. It also has responsibility for policy and strategy in relation to equality, inclusion and diversity within QCDA in respect of its remit for education and as an employer.
The main role of this board is to:
- ensure that QCDA complies with the Equality Act 2010 and the new public sector duty
- ensure that all aspects of QCDA's transfer and closure activity reflects this compliance
- analyse, quality assure and monitor compliance to demonstrate the impact of equalities and diversity issues
- effectively report on those issues to Executive Board and the Department of Education
- ensure all external and internal communications support compliance with the Equality Act and any future regulatory guidance for public bodies.
Get in touch
We hope you'll be able to find all of the information you need on these pages but if you have any questions then please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Last modified: 25 Jul 2011