Induction and training events
Information about our induction programme and training events for exams officers.
As a new exams officer, we want to give you the help and support you need. Our induction programme gives you guidance on what you need to do during your first year.
When you sign up, you'll receive a free induction handbook. This will help you get up to speed quickly with a monthly task manager that tells you what you need to do for each exams cycle.
As well as the handbook you'll also get:
- support from one of our centre support officers
- access to our online tools and resources
- the opportunity to attend one of our free induction training courses.
Sign up for our induction programme and receive your induction handbook.
Spring into summer 2011 – induction training for new exams officers
A series of free, one-day induction training sessions were held in Spring 2011. These 'Spring into summer' sessions enabled new exams officers to:
- learn about how best to prepare for the summer exams series, including invigilation, exam planning and running an exam day
- meet representatives from awarding bodies, the JCQ and EOA
- meet other exams office staff from your local area.
Download the training workbook for the Spring into summer 2011 training day.
Download the presentation for the Spring into summer 2011 training day.
Training in autumn 2010
A series of free, one-day induction training sessions were held in autumn 2010. These 'Actions for autumn' sessions enabled new exams officers to:
- prepare for exams including making entries, access arrangements, invigilation, exam planning and running an exam day
- meet awarding body representatives
- meet other exams office staff from their local area.
Download the Actions for autumn: training for new exams officers presentation.
Questions and answers
For answers to some of the questions raised during the training sessions, download questions from the 'Actions for Autumn' training sessions 2010.
Administering the Diploma training
You can access information on administering the Diploma training which was also held in autumn 2010.
Last modified: 08 Apr 2011