Main Document 2.35 MB
This paper has been prepared by PLB Consulting Ltd, who were commissioned by Resource: The Council for Museums, Archives and Libraries to collate and review baseline data on public engagement across these three domains.
• Summarises the study methodology
• Presents the data collected across each domain, and comments on its validity and reliability
• Summarises the main audiences for each domain and the non-user groups, as established from this available data
• Identifies common under-represented groups for each domain within the sector, and seeks to identify elements and trends shared by museums, archives and libraries
• Reviews current data collection procedures and their value to Resource
• Presents an assessment of gaps in research and provides an initial indicator of future research needs