Department for Transport advice to mariners, ports and port authorities following the accident at Fukushima in Japan
|Publisher:||Department for Transport|
|Published date:||4 April 2011|
|Mode/topic:||Shipping, UK shipping industry|
This advice has been drafted in response to the events in Japan following the earthquake and tsunami on 11 March 2011. These events had a major effect on a number of Nuclear Reactors at three power stations north of Tokyo and the Japanese government has implemented exclusion zones around the reactors. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office have advised that British Nationals observe an 80 km exclusion zone around the reactors.
- Advice to Transporters of Goods into UK Ports (PDF - 20 KB)
- Advice to Ports (PDF - 14 KB)
- Advice to UK Port Authorities (PDF - 21 KB)
- Advice on Radiation Monitoring of Ships and Freight returning from Japan (PDF - 16 KB)
- International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) News Release 18 March 2011 - "No restrictions on travel to Japan" (PDF - 58 KB)
Order printed copies
This publication is only available online.