What others are sayingThese are links to other websites. Views expressed here do not necessarily represent the views of the Department of Health.
- BBC News - Could co-operatives be the future of care?
- NHS among developed world's most efficient health systems, says study | The Guardian
- Guardian: Andrew Lansley confident he can get NHS balance of power right
- Hospital doctors: the reformed NHS needs you! - The King's Fund
- Parliament: Health and Social Care Bill
Initial thinking on the design of the new NHS Commissioning Board was published today with the launch of ‘Developing the NHS Commissioning Board’. The document aims to give a sense of direction to stakeholders, partners, pathfinders and staff who may…
Published: July 8, 2011
Giving more control to patients with long term conditions is crucial to improving health and value, says David Nicholson, NHS Chief Executive. This week’s Healthcare Innovation Expo highlighted new technologies to help deliver better quality and value. NHS Local produced a series…
Published: March 11, 2011
NHS Chief Executive David Nicholson says innovation will be critical to make sure that ‘everywhere in the NHS we get the best services available for our patients’. He was speaking to promote this week’s Healthcare Innovation Expo
Published: March 8, 2011
NHS chief executive Sir David Nicholson says that the move to an NHS Commissioning Board and GP commissioning has the potential ‘to put the national into the National Health Service’ and reduce inconsistencies in care. In an interview with the…
Published: February 24, 2011