What others are sayingThese are links to other websites. Views expressed here do not necessarily represent the views of the Department of Health.
- BBC News - Could co-operatives be the future of care?
- NHS among developed world's most efficient health systems, says study | The Guardian
- Guardian: Andrew Lansley confident he can get NHS balance of power right
- Hospital doctors: the reformed NHS needs you! - The King's Fund
- Parliament: Health and Social Care Bill
Several reports in the media this week claim that GPs will be able to profiteer from the new commissioning arrangements by keeping any savings they make. In particular, it has been reported that private health firm IHP plans to set…
Published: March 3, 2011
In a first for the NHS, two ambulance trusts have joined the ranks of NHS foundation trusts (FT). South East Coast and South Western Ambulance Service Trusts were authorised by Monitor, the body that regulates NHS foundation trusts. Monitor’s role…
Published: March 2, 2011
Monitor has appointed a new chair to oversee its transition into the independent economic regulator of the NHS. As part of the proposals set out in the White Paper, Monitor will become the independent economic regulator of all NHS services…
Published: February 21, 2011
Ian Dalton, Managing Director of Provider Development, talks about the delivery of provider-side reforms. Providers of healthcare services, whether hospitals or providers of community services, must be responsive to the needs of patients, provide high quality care and perform well.…
Published: January 19, 2011