Customise your display
Default font size
Larger font size.
High contrast, yellow text on a black background.
How to use access keys on this website
UK Government access keys
— S Skip navigation
— 0 Access key details (this page)
— 1 Home page
— 2 Not yet available on this web site
— 3 Site map
— 4 Search
— 5 Not yet available on this web site
— 6 Help
— 7 Not yet available on this web site
— 9 Contact us
We aim to make our website accessible to as many people as possible and are implementing the UK Government access keys system
Access keys are keyboard shortcuts which allow a user to navigate a web site without using a mouse or other pointing device. This can sometimes be quicker and may assist those with motor skill difficulties.
In Internet Explorer 5+:
Alt+the access key, brings focus to the element. If a link, Enter will take the user to the linked destination.
In Mozilla Firefox:
Alt+Shift+the access key, will take the user to the linked destination.
If using Safari on an Apple Mac:
Ctrl+Alt+the access key, will take the user to the linked destination.
Making text larger in your browser
Access keys specific to this website
- L Learning
See the following instructions on how to increase the size of the text on any web page you are viewing.
In Internet Explorer
- Open the View menu with the mouse or by pressing Alt+V.
- Select the Text Size option with the mouse or by pressing X in Internet Explorer 6, or Z in Internet Explorer 8.
- Choose your preferred text size with the mouse or by using the up and down arrow keys and pressing Enter or by clicking on it.
- Alternatively in Internet Explorer 8 you can press Ctrl++ to increase the text size, and Ctrl+- to decrease the text size.
In Mozilla Firefox:
- Open the View menu with the mouse or by pressing Alt+V at the same time.
- Select the Zoom option with the mouse or press Z.
- Increase or decrease the text size with the mouse or by using the up and down arrow keys and pressing Enter.
- Alternatively you can press Ctrl++ to increase the text size, Ctrl+- to decrease the text size. Ctrl+0 returns you to the default size.
- On a Mac, either select Zoom within the View menu, or use Command++ or Command+- to change the font size.
In Google Chrome:
- Open the main menu by clicking on the spanner icon to the right of the address bar, or by pressing Alt+Down Arrow.
- Click on the - or + buttons within the menu, or use the down arrow to scroll down until the - or + buttons are highlighted, then press Enter.
- Alternatively you can change the text size by holding Ctrl+scrolling with the mouse wheel or using the - and + buttons.
On a Mac:
- Open the View menu and then select Zoom In or Zoom Out.
- Alternatively, hold Command and press - or +.
- Press Alt+V.
- Click on Zoom In or Zoom Out or use the down arrow to highlight Zoom In or Zoom Out and press Enter.
- Alternatively hold Ctrl and press - or +.
In other browsers, see their Help.
We have enabled our website to be used with BrowseAloud software.
Speech enabling our website provides an additional way of accessing content for people who find it hard to read. This includes those with dyslexia or learning difficulties, those for whom English is not their first language, or anyone with a mild visual impairment.
BrowseAloud is free to download and users have control over the voice, word pronunciations and speech highlighting.