Advertise with the UK's official weather service
We are one of the world's leading authorities on weather and climate science, and one of the first government organisations to offer web advertising.
Our website has more than four million unique users per month and generates 50 million page impressions.
This can increase significantly at peak times, such as in January 2010 when the site had 6.7 million unique users and 118 million page impressions.
Advertising and sponsorship options
We are offering you the opportunity to sponsor sections of our website.
Run-of-site advertising (with some exceptions) is available through MPUs (300 x 250 pixels), skyscrapers (160 x 600) and standard text links.
- Even gender split.
- 70% aged 18-84 (average age - 39 years old)
- Average income - £37,100
- 18% have a household income above £70,000
- 88% will research or buy travel/holidays online
- 74% use online banking
- More than 25% visit the site at least twice a week
- Average visit is eight minutes
Targeting and campaign management
The Met Office uses Dart for Publishers (DFP) as its ad server.
In addition to standard targeting options we can:
- deliver thermal-activated campaigns - run ads according to temperature;
- other weather-related targeting (rainfall/atmospheric pressure);
- by forecast request - UK towns/cities, international resorts etc.
Weather channel adverts
Home page adverts