- Corporate and Transactional Services (CATS)
Delivering Efficiency, Capability and Transformational Services (DECATS)
DECATS is a programme which has been developed by Local Partnerships to support authorities and public service bodies on their transformation journey
- Local Partnerships is part of the Local Government Association
- There are already 14 upper tier authorities in programme
- Five councils have finished the first stage (diagnostic and business planning) and are progressing into implementation
- Our work with these five authorities has identified net efficiency savings of some £417 million over a period of five years
- These savings represent 10.6% of the expenditure included in the DECATS review, or a return on investment of some 415%
The aim of the DECATS programme is to create simplified and standardised processes across local government, which importantly are owned by the sector.
The transformation journey will involve significant process redesign, organisational restructuring and culture change. Local Partnerships is developing a programme of support for local authorities and local public bodies to help them take forward the transformational changes necessary. This is likely to include access to a framework contract, which will enable local authorities to call off support from a selection of advisors and service providers as part of a programme coordinated and led by Local Partnerships.
Our key aim will be to build internal capability to structure, govern and execute efficiency and transformational change programmes in order to ensure the realisation of the identified benefits.
Local Partnerships is also ensuring that the lessons learned from the authorities participating in the DECATS programme are captured, managed, communicated and shared as part of the networking arrangements we have set up for the programme.
For more information and to download the DECATS brochure, please click here
Iva Simunkova, Programme Manager
Tel: 0207 296 6433