Selling to Defra: Guide for Suppliers
Unique identifier: PB13575
This guide is published by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) to help:
- Companies do business with us for the first time; and
- Understand our policies and practice better if they are existing suppliers, which should help them in maintaining good working relations with us.
We buy a wide range of goods and services each year and are keen to work in partnership with our suppliers to improve our sustainability and achieve value for money.
The guide’s purpose is to:
- Explain the role of Defra‟s Purchasing and Supply Division
- List some of the ranges of goods and services we purchase
- Provide contacts for further information
- Outline the typical procurement cycle
- Explain what to expect from us and what we expect from suppliers in return
- Give information on the Government‟s and Defra‟s policies and strategies on collaborative procurement, sustainable procurement, diversity and equality, prompt payment and employment of consultants.
16 June 2011
- Selling to Defra: Guide for Suppliers (pdf, 633 KB)